"Games MDA"



I read an article on MDA:A Formal Approach to Game Design and Game Research and after reading that article which honestly was hard to understand but when I watched  the video attached about MDA everything became a lot clearer.I realised how many process are involved into games and how much things are tested before the game is actually made.The article itself was very detailed with a lot of information about what is MDA stand for Mechanic, Dynamics and Aesthetic.Each of those processes depend on each other and can not function without it.Mechanic stand for different interactive elements of a game or more formally game response to players input.Dynamic defines how player and a game will evolve over some period of time.And the last one is Aesthetics its the players response when interacts with the game.The article is also very helpful for game designers because it covers all the aspects that are involved in the game and all the process in it.

And the other article I have read was about DDE:Design, Dynamic and Experience.I think this is another stage of MDA which improves other stages of a game which is mostly Experience this is how the game would interact with the player and players overall experience of the game.I think those terms were new to me but it was interesting to look at all the things involved into game process and hopefully this information will help me when I start designing my own game.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

''Introduction''

Game Design Document

Alpha