"Game Design"

 Today I read an article about games and what they are and what is involved in creating a game. I read a paper called "What is a Game Anyway" by Ian Schreiber which I found very interesting because he explains about games and that they are very similar to each other every game has a story, goals ,rules and different outcomes.Before reading this article I had a very little idea  how ill be creating my own game but as Schreiber said "Choose your own adventure book" which means create your own story and make it as confusing as you want and  be yourself , be creative even at the end of his article he says grab a pen and lets create a game which also shows us that we should overcome our fears and just be creative and try our best I don't be afraid to create a game just because you never did it before I think that was a great example which involved a person to try  make a game with a pen on the paper and overcome the fear of something that is impossible to create


Link to the article

I also read another article called "Four Basic Methods for Generating ideas" in my opinion this article is good because it clearly explains what things you should consider and what's gonna help you generating new ideas things like,Concentration,Brainstorming,Scamper,Ramsey this are the four techniques that writer has listed and which I think are very helpful.The writer talks about each method independently he is saying that Concentration and Brainstorming are the most common ones and Scampers is very good in areas that are unfamiliar or the areas that you don't really enjoy and the last method he is talking about is Ramsey method which is the most difficult one and the only way to get this one right is to collect a lot information on the topic until you get the concept of a game.

Link to the article



Link

Comments

  1. Hi Roman! I got inspired by the first article as well because I was a little overwhelmed creating my own game. Game developers are so creative and they have nothing holding them back. You can literally think of anything and it will most likely already be a game. Brainstorming and feedback help a lot and I like how we're commenting on each students blogs and adding suggestions for our games. I think it helps a lot and it puts me in a good mood at the end of the day! - Anna Zurawska

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Roman I really enjoyed reading this week's blog post you were very insightful and did a great job of breaking down what you did for this week. The material that you have read this week seems to have inspired you and I'm looking forward to seeing how this will impact your future game When you start the development process of making your game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Roman,
    I also enjoyed reading that first article I found it very informative and interesting. I liked how straight forward it was. In the last article you mentioned the Ramsey method which I also found difficult to understand. I hope you enjoyed this semester! :)
    - Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

''Introduction''

Game Design Document

Alpha