Game Vision Statement

During my brainstorming and all the research I have done I have decided what game I will be doing and also how and what I will need to create the game. I have been looking and exploring many different game ideas I could possibly made but eventually I decided to go with a little endless running game.My game would have obstacles and enemies which would be on the way for the main hero to get to the finish of the game.I am will also add some sort of keys that the main hero would be collecting in order to get to another level and also every single level would be getting a little bit harder as the player moves forward level by level.

When I was doing research on my game I was inspired by games like Subway Surfers,Temple Run,Jetpack Joyrider and Minion Rush.So my game falls under the category of Simplistic game genres .The game I am thinking to make is in category of Simplistic genre games because in my game a player would have a limited control over a character that is constantly moving in the game.Also the player have to constantly watch for obstacles which would make him start the game from the very beginning.Also I am want to add a variety of characters available in my game I think that will make my game more interesting for a player.For my game characters I am thinking to try and create them myself as well as the game obstacles hopefully ill be able to do them properly and I will be able to use them.Also my camera would be positioned on the middle and the player would be moving as shown on my sketch I order to give a player a good view of the game.



This is a little sketch of my game in a notebook that I have made in order to have a better understanding and visualise what the game will look like.I also watched a lot of videos on YouTube based on endless moving-running games which I fond very helpful.There is also a lot of tutorials on Unity with detailed processes on have to make similar games.


This is a video I have found on YouTube which I think is a great example of an endless running game which falls under the category of Simplistic game genres.I like this video because it shows a lot of details and also shows the process of creating a game in Unity.Which I found very helpful and informative.


This is another example of an endless running game I have found on YouTube which I think is a great example and it gives you an idea of what you can make in terms of endless running games.This video shows that you can use different variety of obstacles and have any character that you like.Also I was inspired to use obstacles and the keys that the player has to collect on the way to finish from this video.I like the way that they have different type of obstacles which I will keep in mind and change my obstacles in the game ones the level is completed.I've also seen a lot of different Unity tutorials that helped me improve my skills with C#script based on this type of games which will allow me to work a lot more confident with my game creation.I also completed couple Unity tutorials which helps me a lot with coding and understanding different terms and gaming process.I am also thinking to add some simple keyboarders keys so that the player can quickly memorise them and enjoy the game.I haven't come up with a name for a game yet but ill be working on it.

I am really happy with the game I have chosen and my idea in general.I like the fact that there is a lot of information and tutorials on both platforms YouTube and Unity which makes me even more confident with the fact that I will have many things to support me in the process of creating a game.I had many different ideas of what I can possible do but I think the game I have picked is the best for someone that g=have only started learning how to create games with Unity 3D.I am looking forward to start making my game and developing my gaming skills.
 










Comments

  1. Hi, Roman!!
    It is nice that you are adding obstacles, enemies and keys that can be collected in the game. It is good that you are making the character to be constantly moving, it makes that player be more into the game looking for obstacles and trying not to die/lose.
    I really like how you are going to create your very own assets from scratch, good luck with that (I have no idea how to create rocks, people, skies, ...) ;D
    It is very nice that you embedded the video on your post (much better then going on to YouTube to watch it ~lazy me) and they have some really interesting points, very helpful I would say.
    Have you thought about the backgroud music? I would suggest something a little tense however exciting (hope it makes sense hahaha) depending on the mood of the game.
    PS: lovely sketch!
    Best of luck on creating your game! Looking foward to play it hihihi
    Lívia Alencar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Roman, I like your game idea. I am thinking, is the game genre is an adventure or survival? And who is going to be your target audience? The idea to have the obstacles sounds great, and are you going to combine the enemies and obstacles in one object, or you want to create both. And what is the player goal? What the player is going to achieve at the end of the game, let's say in my game, the player will rescue his friends if he passes all the obstacles. I wish you all the best in your game design, and hope to play your game near future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Roman, your game idea seems really good and I like the fact that there are enemies and obstacles because it leaves the player uncertain on what is going to happen next and it makes the game that bit more difficult. I was just wondering what will happen when the player dies, do they go back to the start or will there be checkpoints? I also think it would be really cool if the player could attack the enemies or fight back in some sort of way. Maybe not exactly fight but if sometimes they could collect something while running that maybe freezes the enemies for a few seconds as it gives the player an advantage here and there. I think your overall idea is really good and I would like to see how this project turns out. I wish you the best of luck with completing this game and the rest of the semester. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

''Introduction''

Game Design Document

Alpha